- LSU President, Provost, and the Chancellors of the LSU system visited our group on Jan 12th. The university leadership was impressed by the work accomplished at the Coupled Modeling Group!
- Two new Ph.D. students, Yixuan Wang and Ogooluwa Adeagbo, are joining our group in Jan 2022. Welcome!
- Dr. Xiaochen Zhao joins Coupled Ocean Modeling Group as a postdoc researcher. Welcome!
The Coupled Ocean Modeling Group is attending AGU 2021 in NOLA. We have six presentations and posters to present
- OS15C-0984: The Hydrodynamic and Biochemical Impacts on the Variability of Bottom Dissolved Oxygen Concentration in the Louisiana-Texas Shelf by Yanda Ou
- B33A-02: Mass Boundary Layer-based Gas Transfer Velocity Parameterization for Air-Sea CO2 Flux Estimation of Coastal Waters by Le Zhang
- B35E-1481: Assess the Performance of WRF-VPRM in the North America Coastal Ocean with Impact from a River-Dominated Shelf System by Pengfei Wang
- H45N-1338: A Numerical Investigation of the Nonlinear Effects between River and Ocean Forcing during a Hurricane-induced Compound Flooding Event by Daoyang Bao
- H45O-1347: A Numerical Investigation of Sediment Dynamics over the Cape Fear River basin during Hurricane Florence by Dongxiao Yin
- H55U-0973: Assessing hydro- and sediment dynamics of hurricane-induced compound flooding using a dynamically coupled ocean-river modeling suite by Z. George Xue
- LSU President, Dr. William Tate IV visited our group as part of his tour of the College of Coastal Environment
Dr. Xue is featured on LSU's Homepage as "Coastal Champion" in October 2021
One of our research funded by NASA and LA Board of Regents is featured on LSU Research Magazine