- Timothy Chen won the Marie Standifer Undergraduate Award in Biological Sciences and a Discover Undergraduate Research Project Grant.
- Lilly LaPlace has rejoined the group, working as a research associate.
- Viviana Rosati (postdoc) took a position as a KTP Associate working between the University of York and Tozer Seeds Ltd.
- The Moroney lab has experienced fire, flood, pestilence and hurricanes -- we need to repent!
- Ashwani Rai and Hiruni Weerasooriya both passed their general exams.
- Lilly LaPlace completed her honors thesis and graduated.
- Ananya Mukherjee finished her PhD and is now a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Nebraska.
- Kayla Swartzenburg completed her honors thesis and is now a medical student at the LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans.
- Anna Duvall graduated and is now a medical student at the LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans.
- Spencer Lemoine graduated and is now in the MD-PhD program at the LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans.
- Joanna Bajsa-Hirschel (postdoc) was promoted to Research Plant Physiologist at the Natural Products Utilization Research Unit (NPURU) located in Oxford, Mississippi.
- Viviana Rosati joined the laboratory as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Hiruni Weerasooriya joined the laboratory as a graduate student.
- James Mickler completed his honors thesis and is now a medical student at the LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans.
- Jorge Dinamarca (postdoc) took a position with Synthetic Genomics, which is now Viridos, in southern California.
- Mamta Rawat (PhD 1994) was named a permanent Program Director for the Physiological and Structural Systems Cluster, Division of Integrative Organismal Systems (IOS) at the National Science Foundation.
- Remmy Kasili joined the laboratory as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Marylou Machingura will be joining Armstrong University, Savannah as an assistant professor (tenure track) in fall of 2017.
- Josh Schwartzenburg and Camille Prejean completed honors theses. Both, along with Madelinn Fink, will be joining LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans in fall of 2017. Josh will be in the MD-PhD program.
- The Moroney Lab will be part of the RIPE II project, continuing our work with the RIPE group.
- Lance Pounds earned his master's degree.
- Ashwani Rai joined the laboratory as a graduate student.
- Robert DiMario (PhD 2016) is currently a postdoctoral researcher at Washington State University.
- Joanna Bajsa Hirschel is a scientist at USDA ARS ORISE, Mississippi.
- D.J. Speed and Jennifer Quebedeaux graduated with biochemistry degrees. D.J. started graduate school at the University of Chicago and Jennifer started graduate school at the University of Illionois.
Lab Alumni Updates
Bratati Mukherjee (PhD 2014) is now a postdoctoral researcher with Dean Price at The Australian National University.
Zhiyuan Chen (PhD 1996) was promoted to full professor in the Department of Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology at LSU.
Mou Mitra (PhD 2002) was promoted to Full Professor (with tenure!) at the University of Western Georgia.